Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Annoying Security Popup Box win 7

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Igniter

Igniter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 29 December 2011 - 07:19 PM

I have 3 computers on a network and 1 printer and all work great , access the internet etc.The win 7 computer has a Windows Security pop up box asking for a Network username and password.I did not set a password and do not care to have one . I just want to stop the box from coming up.So far I have changed all the security selections that I can find pertaining to the network and nothing changes.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:03 PM

Hi -
For the sake of removal of this annoyance, I would add 1234...... as a p/word.
Are all the other comps XP or Vista based, as Win 7 always seems to ask for a p/word.
My Win 7 always asked for one, so I just put my mame in, and no more asking -

Thank You -

#3 LucheLibre

LucheLibre

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:33 PM

What are you trying to do that pops up the username/password dialog box? Are you trying to access files on a shared folder on one of the other computers?

If it looks like I know what I'm doing, there's a pretty good chance the only reason for that is because
I once asked someone to run chkdsk /r and a BC Advisor smacked me in the back of the head.

~ LL ~

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:39 PM

FWIW: There are two types of network which can involve a Win 7 system:

The only one which prompts for a password automatically...is the homegroup network which only includes Win 7 systems...and prompts for password before access.

Any other Win 7 system which joins an existing network...does so by a mechanism which doesn't necessarily prompt for a password.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Networking-home-computers-running-different-versions-of-Windows

Some Google References

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users