Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Teachers with macs

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tardelli11

tardelli11

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:04 PM

Our school is introducing macs.

Is it worth having mac book pros or are the mac books (considerably cheaper option) the better option?

What are the significant differences? (I have been given the task to investigate because I am seen as the 'techy one' because I have a 2007 macbook!!

Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 need TOS

need TOS

• Members
  • 888 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:13 PM

First off they don't make the macbooks anymore as far as I'm aware, but the biggest difference is the body and the MBP has a dedicated video card. For school it's probably better to go with the mac book
Forgiveness is forgetting about a past that could have been

#3 tardelli11

tardelli11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:49 AM

Thanks - I thought this still did do macbooks for edu?

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:58 PM

FWIW: School districts can still lease them, see the following: http://www.tuaw.com/2011/06/15/iowa-school-replaces-workbooks-with-macbooks/

Dated 6-15-2011

The school district signed a four-year lease agreement with Apple to provide the students with MacBook laptops. The program costs about US$149,000 per year

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 tardelli11

tardelli11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2011 - 03:38 AM

Thanks Animal

But I had not considered leasing them - an interesting option

Is there anybody in the UK that is facing the same issue?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users