Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected with Win XP Security 2012 Virus

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bhaskas

Bhaskas

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:48 PM

Hi, my PC has been infected with the Windows XP Security 2012 virus. I followed the instructions to remove the virus. It is getting better but I am still have major issues:

- no Internet connectivity
- no taskbar
- cannot run MBAM (Failed to load vbalsgrid6.ocx)
- cannot install new programs (VB6, Hijack This, even Rkill says "Access Denied")

Where do I begin troubleshooting? I am running Win XP SP3.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by Bhaskas, 29 December 2011 - 03:50 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,769 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:01 PM

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#3 Bhaskas

Bhaskas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:30 PM

Thanks but unfortunately I was not able to produce any logs. GMER loaded incompletely and would not allow me to check several boxes. I ran it anyway and did not find any issues and thus no logs (see error message and screenshot below). DDS froze in both safe mode and normal mode. MBAM continues to be unusable (see error message below).

- no Internet connectivity (the router is functioning fine for laptop and cell phone). No proxy is in place in the Internet settings.
- Sound card not functioning. The hardware is present but suddenly is disabled and unable to be reactivated
- cannot paste or move files on hard drive. I've put all of the spyware utilities in my external hard drive and am forced to run them from there.
- no taskbar/start menu

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

What do you suggest I try next?

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,769 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:35 PM

Create new topic in malware removal forum and post what you just posted here.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users