Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Msn Messenger For Mac

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DamSexy

DamSexy

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 PM

Posted 07 February 2006 - 02:33 PM

can I only use the msn messenger especially made for the mac on here? I have the new Imac G5 with a built in camera, is there any way I can use the camera as a web cam on msn messenger?
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 31 March 2006 - 05:48 PM

I am not sure but I think that you can't run MSN Messenger on a mac since this is a program by Microsoft and Bill Gates can get a little cranky when it comes to things like this.

Edited by Klinkaroo, 01 April 2006 - 12:20 PM.

#3 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 01 April 2006 - 12:23 PM

Ok I just got my download notifications from microsoft and yes there is a version of messenger for the MAC. Just go to www.microsoft.com go to the download section, type in Messenger and just browse around it should be there.

Here is the link for Mac
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en

System Requirements

* Supported Operating Systems: Apple Mac OS X

To use Microsoft Messenger for Mac 5.1.1, your computer must meet the following minimum requirements:

Processor: Mac OS X-compatible processor that is a model G3 or higher
Operating system: Mac OS X version 10.3 or later
Network access: Microsoft Office Live Communications Server 2005 (corporate accounts only)
Memory: 128 MB of RAM
Hard disk: 20 MB of hard disk space
Display: 1024 x 768 or higher resolution displaying thousands of colors
Internet access: Required. Internet access might require you to pay a separate fee to a service provider; local and long-distance telephone charges might apply.

Top of page

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users