Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Firewall Error code 0x80070424

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 thenavonod

thenavonod

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:18 AM

I recently received the Windows 2012 security virus that hijacks your computer and refuses you to open programs. I've attempted to remove this by first using malware bytes and a fix registry that I've located within your forums (FixNCR). The first time I did this it seemed to clear up - but it returned. I followed the same process with a false sense of success and recently had the virus pop up again. I tried another process of running ComboFix (I did this before reading all of the forum rules) on newly created Windows user account. While attempting this, ComboFix noticed I had an active scanner of ESET NOD 32 - this AV software used to be installed on my computer, but when attempting to update the license I was unable to reinstall. Using ESET's very own software removal I thought I took it off my computer, and can still find no trace of it. I installed Avast (uninstalled shortly after) and am currently using AVG. ComboFix still ran even though it said that ESET was running. I have a log which I can post from this if you wish to see it. After ComboFix, and still in safe mode, I ran Malware bytes and SUPERAntiSpyware Free. I then ran CCleaner to attempt to fix all registry issues. While booting up again on my main Windows 7(64bit) user account I went to check out my Windows Firewall and received the Error Code 0x80070424.

I don't want to follow any directions from other threads unless I have some approval to do so. I understand I have violated forum policy by using ComboFix, but I hope there is still a chance to do something aside from reformatting. Please help me fix my computer.

Thanks!

Edited by thenavonod, 29 December 2011 - 02:25 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thenavonod

thenavonod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:20 AM

removed - awaiting proper instruction

Edited by thenavonod, 29 December 2011 - 08:29 AM.

#3 u4polar

u4polar

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 AM

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:46 PM

Windows Firewall Error code 0x80070424
I found the post for the above problem, via google.
Windows XP SP3
Using Microsoft Security Essentials as the anti-virus
Two days ago, my daughter got the XPanti-spyware2012 on her computer

Scanned it last night with Spy-Bot Search and destroy 1.6.2, in Safe Mode with Networking, and had her fix all problems found. The problem was still there.
I booted this morning into Safe Mode with networking and preformed the Spy Bot updates. I stopped the scan as soon as it detected 2 problems. Fixed those, and re-started the scan. It found a total of 32 bad things. Fixed those and XPspyware2012 appears to be gone.
Re-enabled Microsoft Security Essentials. It told me that the Automatic updates were not enabled. After attempting to enable that, it said to try going to the control panel, and enable that way. After attempting that way, it came back with the error above [Error
number: 0x80070424
I just attempted to manually run the windows updates, and it again returned the same error code. [Error number: 0x80070424

Thank you!

PS. i just discovered that Internet Explorer has been disabled/removed!

Edited by u4polar, 01 January 2012 - 08:17 PM.

#4 jntkwx

jntkwx

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 PM

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:21 PM

Hi thenavonod,

Since you have already run Combofix, please follow the instructions in ==>Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide<==.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include the link to this topic in your new topic and a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Once you have created the new topic, please reply back here with a link to the new topic.

Most importantly please be patient till you get a reply to your topic.

Hi u4polar,

If you still need help, please create your own topic in the Am I Infected forum.
Regards,
Jason

Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe and secure on the Internet

If I am helping you and have not returned in 48 hours, please feel free to send me a PM with a link to the topic.
My help is free... however, if you wish to show appreciation and support me personally fighting against malware, please consider a donation: btn_donate_SM.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users