Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stuck/Discolored Pixel

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 morrjt

morrjt

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:44 PM

I have a HP Pavilion dv6 laptop that I got this past June (it is still under man. warranty). I recently noticed that one of my pixels on my screen is stuck. On a white screen, it looks red/pink. I am not really sure what to do to fix it or if it can even be fixed. I have not really done anything to try to fix it other than shutting down the laptop. Any information or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,094 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:36 PM

Stuck pixel is a problem at the hardware level in the screen.

If HP will change the screen for only one stuck pixel that is the way to go as the screen needs to be changed to fix this problem.

Contact HP Good Luck

Edited by rotor123, 29 December 2011 - 05:42 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users