Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lozzaj

lozzaj

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:42 PM

Hi,

Just wondering if someone could please help? I am trying to set up a new printer (HP Photosmart) and have put the disk in the computer to download the software but I get partway and it comes up with an error about the print spooler. "This service is stopped and needs to be running for installation to continue. Click fix to have the installer start the service. Service: Spooler Display Name: Spooler Manufacturer: Microsoft" So I go to "Fix" and it comes up with "This service is stopped and needs to be running for the installation to continue. Right click on 'my computer' and select 'manage'. Open 'services and applications' and select 'services'. Find the service listed, right click on it, and select start. Please ensure the service is started and click retry to continue installation". So I did this and it comes up with "Windows could not start the spooler service on local computer. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion".

I don't know what to do to get it working and really need to use my printer/scanner!

Could someone please help...I don't know much about computers so if you could make it as simple as possible that would be great :)

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 a_cup

a_cup

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:08 PM

Hi lozzaj,

Run the system file checker and see if that fixes the problem

Click start>>Click on All Programs>>Accessories..then right click on 'Command Prompt' and click 'Run as administrator'. In the command prompt type.. sfc /scannow ..and press Enter. (note there is a space between sfc and /

Here is a tutorial that will help...
How to Repair Windows 7 System Files with System File Checker

Pauline

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users