Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wireless

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mini22

mini22

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:34 PM

took old gateway out of closet it has windows millennium edition on it.i have wireless internet now it was set up for dial up.is it possible to set it up for wireless if so how?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:34 AM

hello .cant imagine using winME on the internet for security reasons ,as it unsupported by Microsoft ,and most if not all virus security program are also not supported .
but having said that it would be easy to do if you can find a usb wireless device with drivers for winME, assuming you already have a wireless modem in the area ,all you need is a device like this for the ME machine
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/category/category_slc.asp?CatId=2688&name=Wireless%20Adapters

My answers are my opinion only,usually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users