Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A Simple Question about Admin Account

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 valley_girl1919

valley_girl1919

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:30 PM

If I have an admin account on a laptop and once logged into that account lets say I run updates and I have Microsoft Security Essentials as the anti virus and I make sure that is up to date too- if I am applying these updates does this also apply to other user accounts on the pc that are not admin accounts? What I am curious about is whether or not each person needs to be logged in when updating or with me being an admin and running updates then it auto applies to any accounts on the pc? Thanks for any info!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:44 PM

hi, i have 2 users and one hasn't been logged into for over a week,i just checked it and it shows the mse updates were done at the same time today ,2:40pm/its now 9:40pm, only differen for me than you is mine are both admin accts

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:53 PM

if I am applying these updates does this also apply to other user accounts on the pc that are not admin accounts?

In general terms you are applying these to the computers files, not to the users account.

Thank You -

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:20 AM

Windows Profile FAQs

User Profile Overview

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users