Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Install Downloads, Can't Print From Browser

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 eve

eve

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 07 February 2006 - 11:55 AM

Ok, I'm going to try to remember back to when my computer started getting messy and what I've done to muck it up some more...

I tried to update
Thought I might've gotten a virus...

Tried to fix dll issues by downloading the ones on the error messages one at a time.

Tried to update Windows Media Player...

Installed MSN Messenger (ie closed every time I brought it up)

Tried to update Windows Me with patches.
Have reloaded Windows Me (from the cd-rom provided at purchase).

Tried to update ie with 6.0
Reverted back to 5.5

Now my main problems appear to be that I can't print anything from the browser (have to copy and paste into MS-Word and print from desktop)

AND when I try to download anything it goes through the download step and then comes up with the Windows "Preparing to install" pop-up, and then NOTHING. The pop-up goes away and nothing installs.

I was on DSL when I first noticed problems, now I'm on dial-up.

Any help fixing this mess would be appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users