Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Surround sound system suddenly doesn't work

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 SigmaJW

SigmaJW

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 AM

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:10 PM

So I recently moved my computer (to my new apartment) and my surround sound system too. After setting it all back up my sound suddenly doesn't work.

It's a powered centrios 5.1 surround system, and my computer is an HP Pavilion Elite m9250f running Vista home premium 64 bit

I realize there's probably a lot of these posts, and I've tried my best to find a solution before posting anything but I'm out of ideas.
Nearly every solution relies around updating your sound card drivers or whatnot, and I've gone into my system device manager and looked for anything out of the ordinary.
There's no exclamation marks or anything telling me there's something wrong. I've made sure my speakers aren't muted, I've made sure the system is plugged in the right socket
(even tried all the other sockets for good measure).

I'm not very computer savvy so this is difficult for me to work out on my own.
And in the event it's relevant, my logitech headset still works, and gives me sound, but my speakers won't.

To reiterate, I moved my sound system (which all I did was unplug it, then set it up exactly the same shortly after) Tried every bit of advice I could find, and I'm still having a problem.
Thanks for reading.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users