How to view the security tab in Windows XP Pro
If you have Windows XP Pro configured in a Workgroup, you will not be able to see the security tab in a file or folder's properties. This guide will explain how to enable this feature.
- Click on the Start button and then click on the Run option.
- Type C:\ in the Open: field and press enter. (Opening any folder is fine for this step)
- When the C:\ folder opens, click on the Tools menu and then select Folder Options.
- Click on the View tab.
- Under Advanced Settings scroll down to the end and uncheck Use simple file sharing (Recommended).
- Press the Apply button and then the OK button.