Ok, lets do some cleaning up...
Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.exe) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important
Be sure to download TDSSKiller.exe (v184.108.40.206) from Kaspersky's website and not TDSSKiller.zip which appears to be an older version 220.127.116.11 of the tool.
Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it.
To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.
Click the Start Scan button
REBOOT and lets do some cleaning up on your PC
1) Go into Control Panel
2) Add/Remove Programs... you will see a program listing
3) Remove all TOOLBARS (yahoo, google, Target, ASK.com, WSJ.com, Time.com, )
4) Remove any program associated with ASK.com
5) Remove any GAMES that you do not play
6) Remove ANY OTHER Anti-Virus programs that you do not use. LEAVE your current
Anti-Virus Program on your computer. Having more than one anti-virus program will cause registry, system problems, and odd/erradic behaviour.
8) Remove OLD versions of JAVA. Some PCs I have seen have had 7 versions
9) Remove OLD versions of ADOBE reader, shockwave, flash.
10) Remove TRIAL versions of software that you NEVER use!
11) Reboot the PC
12) Do a Windows Update
13) Go to JAVA.com and load the latest JAVA
14) Go to ADOBE.com and load the latest a.) Reader b.) Flash c.) Shockwave
Let me know .... Tom
IF you are STILL having these same erradic issues, your PC may need to
have a COMPLETE TUNE-UP by a reputable PC Tech (such as myself) or some
one nearby that knows what they are doing.
Related issues: a.) FULL TUNE-UP needed b.) RELOAD Op Sys may need to be reloaded. Files are to be backed up first, of course.