I can't speak for everyone but it is a good all purpose cleaner used by many. Just be careful with using the "scan for registry issues". If your not familiar with working with the registry then I suggest you not use that feature. If you do, then make sure you back up your registry first. Read here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756
Never assume or trust anything your not familiar with. However, these are the settings I normally recommend.
1. Before first use, select Options > Advanced and UNCHECK
"Only delete files in Windows Temp folder older than 48 hours
2. Then select the items you wish to clean up. In the Windows Tab
: • Clean all entries in the "Internet Explorer" section except Cookies.
• Clean all the entries in the "Windows Explorer" section.
• Clean all entries in the "System" section.
• Clean all entries in the "Advanced" section.
• Clean any others that you choose. In the Applications Tab
: • Clean all except cookies in the Firefox/Mozilla section if you use it.
• Clean all in the Opera section if you use it.
• Clean Sun Java in the Internet Section.
• Clean any others that you choose.
3. Click the "Run Cleaner
4. A pop up box will appear advising this process will permanently delete files from your system.
5. Click "OK
" and it will scan and clean your system.
6. Click "exit
" when done.
Edited by quietman7, 07 February 2006 - 12:45 PM.