Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Patch

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 delbo

delbo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 07 February 2006 - 11:17 AM

Good Morning, Upon trying to install a Non Destructive System Recovery, I recevied a Security Warning stating that I was to go to www.patchupdate.info. I'm here now (I think) how do I install this security patch?
I'm only using the Windows Firewall at the present as I haven't got to a point where I can install my own Norton System Works 5,Antil Virus, & Personal Firewall yet. Thank you for anny help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2006 - 03:15 AM

I would advise not installing this as I'm pretty sure it's a scam to part you with your money. If I'm wrong I'm sure one of the mods will correct me.

MS don't charge for patches yet this site is????

Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-043 - Buffer Overrun in Messenger Service Could Allow Code Execution (828035)

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2006 - 08:09 AM

Are you installing a particular piece of new software and once installed, is it sending you there? If so, you need to verify from the software publisher that that is how its updates are handled. Did you check out the new software by using a search engine before downloading it, and was the download from a trusted site?

Whatever you would be installing, it is NOT a Microsoft Windows patch, which would be found on a legitimate MS page.
I would strongly advise you NOT to install this "security" patch.
Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 08 February 2006 - 08:11 AM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users