Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can a surround system meant for a comp hook up to a computer?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rachel1786

Rachel1786

• Members
  • 132 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:22 PM

I'm going to warn you now, I'm not 100% sure what I'm talking about so please bare with me!
I got my brother a surround system on amazon for his new tv for christmas(this one speakers ). There was nothing that indicated it was for a computer(nor did it indicate it was for a tv) When he went to hook it up it had 2 cables to plug into a computer(one was green and the other blue) and his Tv has an light orange plug where you hook up the surround sound speakers. Is there some kind of adapter or cable he can buy to convert it to work for a tv? Even the book that came with it showed them hooked up to a tv so I can't understand why it didn't come with the proper hook up. I tried searching on amazon but I don't know enough about that I'm looking for and end up getting 9000 results :o My brother is planning on going to best buy also. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:26 PM

Your brother TV uses digital audio output (the orange plug) which these speakers do not support. Also these speakers are intended to be connected to a seperate encoder/decoder like a computer sound card of dedicated 4.1 surround sound reciever not directly to a TV according to the manufacturer.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users