Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 7 Home Security 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 JMCJMJ

JMCJMJ

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:09 PM

Our other computer keeps coming up with pop-up windows that say Win 7 Home Security 2012. It tells us that there are viruses, etc. and we need to install that software to take care of it. We are not able to acces the internet either. I believe I will have to download the "fix" to a flashdrive from the good computer and install the "fix" into the infected one. What do I need to do?

I have tried to use the FixNCR.reg file to fix the Registry, but no success. I am still not able to run the normal executable programs or proceed to the next step.

Edited by JMCJMJ, 28 December 2011 - 02:45 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 33,784 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:20 AM

Hi,

could you please try to run DDS.scr instead:
Please run a scan with DDS:
  • Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.
    DDS.scr
    DDS.pif
  • Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
  • A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
  • Notepad will open with the results, click no to the Optional_Scan
  • Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.
  • Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.

Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.

Information on A/V control HERE

is that a bird?  a plane? nooo it's the flying blueberry!

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

animinionsmalltext.gif

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 33,784 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:59 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days. Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

is that a bird?  a plane? nooo it's the flying blueberry!

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

animinionsmalltext.gif

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users