Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista hangs on logging off, cannot update, install, uninstall, run safe mode, system restore, open networking, etc :s

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 cads

cads

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:01 PM

Hello,

Please help! A couple of weeks ago many functions of my computer ceased to work all of a sudden. It was just after I'd used Photoshop for the first time in ages as I don't usually work from home any more. The program had been producing errors when loading ever since I installed an updated version of Cry Engine, which installed a plugin for PS, so might have been something to do with PS if that helps?

Here is a list of the issues, all began simultaneously:

Computer will not shut down properly - just hangs on the logging off screen.
Safemode is just a black background. The only thing that appears is a wacom virtual keyboard interface.
Can't access control panel functions like system restore (asks for permission as normal but doesn't appear. When attempting to relaunch it says it is already running), networking, and can't add/remove programs.
Windows cannot install updates. It either freezes or tells me that another update is currently being installed.
Internet is intermittent but always appears offline in the tray at the bottom right. Clicking on or hovering over the network symbol does not bring up a menu.
Task manager does not open but the green square appears on the tray at the bottom right to say it's running.
Photoshop does not run. Also itunes, windows picture viewer and maybe more that I haven't tested yet. However, autodesk programs seem unaffected.
Sometimes startup fails in normal mode as well - following logging on there is just a black screen.

Maybe it's time for a new computer, but if you might be able to help I would be most grateful.

Windows finds no errors in memory and antiviruses don't detect anything.

Thanks and kind regards,

Murray

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users