Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trying to get help for over a month.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Freekill111

Freekill111

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:30 PM

Going to try here one more time before I scrap this computer. About a month ago I got the "fake anti-virus" virus. I've seen it called the "Rogue anti virus". I deleted the virus (presumably), but major damage seems to be irreversible.

1) Computer is extremely slow now; it seems to by constantly running something (making a lot of noise, lights flashing, etc.). Under task manager nothing unusual is running. Just getting firefox to open is a major chore, as it usually results in "program is not responding".

2) Exe. files no longer work. If I place a video game into the disc try, the installer will not open. For example a blizzard game will come up as "blizzardinstaller.exe" under task manager, but then it will close within 5 seconds. I also have problems launching about 50% of exe. programs that are already installed, and if they do launch then they are impossible to use due to the lag which use to never be a issue.

The virus deleted all system restore points when it deleted the system restore program.

In its current state this computer is almost impossible to work on (super laggy). Ideally, I would like to do a full system restore (I don't have a disc). Is there a way to do a full system restore on Win 7 during the start up process? I've tried the majority of the F keys, but have yet to find anything.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:37 PM

Why didn't you finish with this thread http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic432877.html/page__p__2512356#entry2512356 ?

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#3 Freekill111

Freekill111
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:40 PM

Exe. files are NOT working :blink:.

Is there not a F key to do a system restore?

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 AM

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:59 PM

Please post your make and model.
From your Malware post (half finished) I could not pick this up.

>>""Is there not a F key to do a system restore?""<< Not that I know of, but that depends on Make / Model.

>>"'I read that the virus will stop attacking after a week. I was getting desperate.""<< No way - It must be fully removed first -

""I've tried two free registry "fixers", still can't open .exe files.""<< We do not know what has been run - -

Thank You -

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:52 AM

Freekill111, Please let us know if you want to continue working with boopme in your topic here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic432877.html/page__p__2512356#entry2512356 OR if you want to continue working with this one.

The last post in the other one was made by boopme on Dec. 17th and you did not respond.

If you want to continue working here

Please post your make and model.

There is a reason we ask for certain things and by not providing the information you delay the help process.

Posting the make and model of your computer will allow someone to help you with a system recovery (which is the correct term-meaning to reinstall the OS. A system restore is taking the computer back to a different date).

Edited by Queen-Evie, 28 December 2011 - 12:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users