Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Home Security 2012 keeps coming back

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 KatieBell

KatieBell

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 AM

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:21 PM

Hello!

A week or so ago I started receiving the popup messages that go along with the Vista Security 2012 virus. I downloaded Malwarebytes on to a USB drive and installed it on to my computer. At first the problem seemed to be taken care of, but over the next few days I developed new problems. I kept getting redirected from Google searches and anytime I try to run a virus scan, my computer went to blue screen and crashed. A friend directed me to RegZooka with SpyZooka, so I installed and ran those. Again, the problem seemed to go away. Last night, the Vista Security virus popups started again, and after running Malwarebytes again, I found this site. I ran FixNCR.reg, Rkill, Malwarebytes (again) and then ran the TDSSKiller (it didn't find anything.)

Today, after crashing three times in an hour and being redirected over and over, I ran the TDSSKiller again and this time it found something. I clicked on cure and was told that the computer needed to be rebooted, so I allowed that, but after two hours, it was still shutting down and then it crashed again.

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium and using Firefox 8.0 as my browser. When the problem started I was on IMDB.com and prior to that I had been browsing at Amazon, my local property appraisers website, a local real estate website, twop.com, netflix, twitter and yahoo. At some point my Windows Security System has been turned off and it won't allow me to turn it back on.

Please let me know if there is any other information that would be helpful.

Thank you!

Edited by KatieBell, 27 December 2011 - 09:38 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ArrowToTehNhi

ArrowToTehNhi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:56 AM

Hello KatieBell

1.Download SpyBot-Search and Destroy http://download.cnet.com/Spybot-Search-Destroy/3000-8022_4-10122137.html
2.Enter Safe Mode on the computer. (Continuously press F8 when computer is booting up until you get the startup menu)
3.Run SpyBot-Search and Destroy and use it to scan.
4.When it finishes scanning, it should have detected it and be able to remove.
5.Restart Computer and start Windows normally.
Vista Home Security should have been successfully removed.

I hope this helped :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users