Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Post A Small Animated .gif On Facebook ?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dennis H

Dennis H

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 27 December 2011 - 06:39 PM

Hello,

I have tried but failed in trying to post a small animated .gif in a message( Not on the persons wall but where it says message, if it makes a difference ???) to someone on facebook. When I typed my message I clicked on the paperclip icon and entered the img code from photo bucket but it is not working for me. Does Facebook allow animated gifs ?

Something like this.Posted Image

Thank You for your time and any help you may give me,

Dennis :)

Edited by Dennis H, 27 December 2011 - 06:40 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,531 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:13 PM

My guess with this 'petition' that for security reasons animated gifs are not allowed. That would be an easy vector for malware to spread on Facebook.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Dennis H

Dennis H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:36 PM

Thanks for the reply Animal.

Would you happen to know which code from the photobucket site I should use to post a emoticon(non-gif) in a message on facebook ( not a wall post but in a message ) html ? img ? I suppose you copy and past it where you want it in the message ?

I would like to get it right the first time. Once you hit reply on the message on facebook there is no going back to correct things. The person will get a e-mail notification with my error should I mess up. I could not find the answer on photobucket.

Thanks,

Edited by Dennis H, 27 December 2011 - 09:38 PM.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,531 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:54 PM

Hi Dennis,

I don't use Facebook for messages, so I don't have any experience with what is allowed or what codes they accept. Hopefully someone with more knowledge and or experience regarding Facebook messages can respond. I'm sure you can link to an image, but unlikely they allow attaching/embedding an image in a message.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 Dennis H

Dennis H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:22 PM

Ok, thanks again for your help. They do have a little paper clip that you can click on to post pictures in a message but I am not sure if that would also apply to a emoticon. I am guessing that it would because the emoticon is just a picture. I am just not sure if I can place it where I want it. I hope I am making sense.

I will stand by in case someone happens to know of a way to do it.

Thanks Again Animal,

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:40 PM

You don't have to go through Photobucket to attach the .gif

If the .gif is on your computer click the paper clip and attach the photo to the message. If the emoticon is saved as a picture on your computer you can attach it.

Send it to your receipient with a note to click on the image. It will not be animated in the message but will be when the image is clicked and opens in a new window.

You will not be able to insert it where you want to.

#7 Dennis H

Dennis H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:56 AM

Thanks for your reply.

Dennis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users