Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Compatibility issues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dlars85

dlars85

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 AM

Posted 27 December 2011 - 06:18 PM

I run a small business and I use QuickBooks 2006 pro. Unfortunately my old pc, using windows xp, went down and I was forced to purchase a new one sporting windows 7 premium 64 bit. Of course with my luck it will not install do to compatibility issues. Is there any way around that without buying windows 7 pro, or QuickBooks 2012? All I use it for is invoicing…. PLEASE HELP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:34 PM

Hi and Welcome -
QuickBooks 2006 pro should install on most Windows 7 units.
The only problem / mismatch I can see is, was your XP 64bit like your Win 7 is ??
What is the actual problem with installing it ??

Please post a snapshot with Speccy -
How to Publish a snapshot with Speccy
This will help us check the system / cards installed -

Thank You -

#3 dlars85

dlars85
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2011 - 04:22 PM

when I put the disk in the auto run starts up and a message pops up saying that there are known compatibility issues and it gives me the option to look for solutions but to no prevail then the quick books install screen pops up and when I click on the install button it disappears and nothing happens

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,473 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:07 PM

Known incompatibility, http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/Windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?type=Software&p=Quickbooks%202006%20Pro&v=Intuit&uid=&l=en&pf=0&pi=7&c=Business%20%26%20Home%20Office&sc=Small%20Business&os=64-bit .

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users