How to remove AlfaCleaner
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlfaCleaner] C:\Program Files\AlfaCleaner\AlfaCleaner.exe
O23 - Service: AlfaCleanerService - AlfaCleaner.com - C:\Program Files\AlfaCleaner\ACServer.exe
Other Common Symptoms but not exclusive to this infection: O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [intell321.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\intell321.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Windows installer] C:\winstall.exe
- Print out these instructions as we will need to close every window that
is open later in the fix.
- Go to this
page and click on the smitRem
Download Link link to download smitRem.exe. When downloading
smitRem.exe save it to your desktop. You will now see an icon on your desktop
that looks like the one below.
- Double-click on the smitRem.exe file. You will now see a screen similar
to the one below.
Click on the Start button and the program will start extracting the files into a folder on your desktop called smitRem. When it is finished, click on the OK button. If you look on your desktop you will now see a folder called smitRem.
- Next, please reboot your computer into Safe
Mode by doing the following:
- Restart your computer
- After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the
Windows icon appears, press F8.
- Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
- Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.
- Restart your computer
- When your computer has started in safe mode and you see the desktop, close
all open Windows.
- Open the smitRem folder on your desktop and the contents of the
folder will be similar to the image below.
Double-click on the RunThis.bat file, as shown by the arrow in the image above, to start the tool.
- When the tool starts you will see a series of screens with information
on them. Read each screen, and when you are finished reading it, simply press
any key on your keyboard. After reading the various screens that appear, the
program will start the removal process.
If there is an uninstaller present for the infection you are removing, smitRem will start this uninstaller which will looks similar to the image below.
Simply click on the Yes button and allow the uninstaller to finish. When it has completed uninstalling do not reboot your computer and smitRem will prompt you to continue. Now you should press any key to continue.
When no more uninstallers can be found, the tool will continue. Your desktop will disappear and you will start seeing text scroll across the screen. This is normal and nothing to be concerned about. When smitRem has finished running it will automatically start the Disk Cleanup program as shown by the image below.
This program will remove all Temp, Temporary Internet Files, and empty your Recycle Bin in order to remove any leftover files installed by this infection. This process can take up to a few hours depending on your computer, so please be patient. When it is complete, it will close automatically and you will be back at your desktop.
- When the tool is finished, it will will create a log named smitfiles.txt
in the root of your drive, eg; Local Disk C: or the partition where your operating
system is installed. Examining that log should show that the infection was
- Reboot your computer back to normal mode.
If you feel that this tool has saved you time and/or money and you would like to donate to noahdfear for the time and effort he has put into this free tool, you can do so by clicking on the PayPal Donate button below.