Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie 6 Can Not Find Server

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cbbob05

cbbob05

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 07 February 2006 - 12:03 AM

My wife travels all over the US with her Dell laptop as a flight attendant. A couple of days ago she shut her computer down after using the internet while connected to the hotels wireless network. The next morning IE6 could not find server. The Linksys wireless card was connected with good signal strength but IE would not browse the internet. I had her try Firefox with the same result. When she brought it home it connected to my wireless network as soon as it booted up and browsed with no problem. I cleared the Temp Internet Cache and History and figured it was a minor glitch. She left yesterday and called home saying she had the same problem. This was a different hotel with wide open access. Why am I only able to browse when it is at home. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

System
Dell Latitude
900 MKz
256 Meg
Linksys WPC54G managed by Windows
Windows XP Pro SP2 with all updates
Avast Antivirus
Microsoft Antispyware

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 PM

Posted 07 February 2006 - 12:47 AM

Probibly becayse it is looking for the Gateway you use at your house. Next time try...

Start>run>cmd>ipconfig /release
When the cursor come back type in...

ipconfig /renew

When she gets home, do that to get back on your home network.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 cbbob05

cbbob05
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 07 February 2006 - 05:37 PM

Thanks for the suggestion but that did not work. "If you have any other ideas let me know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users