Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue screen MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 charlyy

charlyy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:38 AM

Yesterday I started getting this blue screen.

A problem has been detected and windows has shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again. follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any new windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.

Technical information:

***STOP:0x00041284, 0x82305001,0x00001599,0x85000000

Yesterday I was able to start the computer through safe mode but today when I try the computer starts start up repair and then ends up in the blue screen. I could use any help, thanks!

I just tried again and after the problem detected the blue screen said

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Edited by charlyy, 27 December 2011 - 11:41 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,633 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 AM

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:14 PM

What is the rest of the error message (are there any files / drivers mentioned)?

Also, let's check the installed memory. To check the ram, download memtest (http://memtest.org/). Burn it to a cd using a dedicated .iso burning utility (http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm), make sure the cd drive is at the top of the boot order in bios, then boot to the newly created cd and run the utility.

Edited by Allan, 27 December 2011 - 12:14 PM.

#3 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:32 PM

If you are able to start Windows successfully (either in Safe Mode with networking or normally), do the following ...

Please download BlueScreenView (in zip file)
Extract (right-click > Extract all) the contents of bluescreenview.zip.
Double-click on the BlueScreenView.exe file, to run the program. (No installation is required.)
When scanning is done (usually complete by the time the interface appears), go ...
  • Edit > Select All
  • File > Save Selected Items, and save the report to your Desktop as BSOD.txt.
Close the BlueScreenView window.
Open BSOD.txt using Notepad and go ...
  • Edit > Select All
  • Edit > Copy, and then paste the entire contents of the text file into your next reply.
(Let us know if no information is reported in the BlueScreenView interface: This means that there are no minidumps saved in the default location.)

Edit to add ...
You said: "Yesterday I was able to start the computer through safe mode but today when I try the computer starts start up repair and then ends up in the blue screen"
I am not sure whether you are trying the repair option or the Safe Mode option here. When you choose to start in Safe Mode, please describe exactly what happens/what you see on-screen.

Edited by AustrAlien, 27 December 2011 - 07:57 PM.

AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users