Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

buying a new laptop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 listo

listo

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 PM

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:16 AM

Mod Edit:Moved from Chat to Questions and advice for Buying a New Computer ~~ boopme

want you guys to tell me which one to get. my budget sucks and my options suck as well.
budget is $350. and it has to be from futureshop (in canada, so futureshop.ca)
some of the ones i was considering were
toshiba
hp
acer1
acer2
I'm not too up onn the latest in the computer world so i'm not sure wic processor to go for or anything.

things i would need:
webcam
at least 200GB
2 usb ports
vga out (if not hdmi)

things i would like
3 or more usb
hdmi out
Bluetooth

thanks in advance, les

Edited by boopme, 27 December 2011 - 10:22 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pJ`

pJ`

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:57 AM

I'd recommend the acer2, but I'd also recommend saving up a little more and getting a slightly better one with a 2.5+ghz CPU and a slightly better video card. I've never been a fan of Integrated Graphics cards, they tend to sometimes run videos and games choppy and with slight lag. (Even scrolling webpages can be have lag). Do you plan to do any gaming? Or is it for strictly surfing the web and/or word processing?

Edited by pJ`, 27 December 2011 - 03:59 AM.

#3 listo

listo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:41 AM

the odd crappy game but mostly surfing and web processing. Some watching movies too

#4 pJ`

pJ`

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:11 AM

With an Integrated Video card videos will load slower than if you got slow and you won't be able to play 3d games without lag. But if you got an expansion card in it such as a NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 anything involving high detail or graphics such as 1080p videos will load and run much smoother and quicker. For a standard expansion card you'd pay about $50 off newegg (If your motherboard and CPU can handle it which I haven't looked at yet). But for Standard Web Browsing and Processing this computer will suit you just fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users