Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

M4A785TD-V EVO Dual Channel

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Starlyte

Starlyte

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 AM

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:52 PM

Okay I recently came to find this out, but I've had my comp for like 3 years and its running in single channel mode. Yes I know the manual is misprinted, but I knew about matching colors and if that doesn't work stagger em. I recently looked into it as I'm finnaly upgrading my ram. So now I have 4x2gb DDR3 ram sticks. Two are CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model TW3X4G1333C9A G, and the other two are Patriot G Series ‘Sector 5’ Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model PGV34G1333ELK. I did pull them out and place the corsairs in the black slots and sector 5's in the blues. And looking at the tags on them they are the same frequency, and all which was surprising to me. Only difference is that the Corsairs run at 1.5V and the Patriots run at 1.65V, but again that looks to be the only difference.
Anyways as said its still reading them in single channel and looking through the manual and reading around some seems like I have to change like up to 5 or so different setting in bios for it to register and read them properly. They are both 1333 and I seen that the board can run perfectly at that frequency without OCing. Now I don't really care or trust myself enough to OC properly unless you have a pretty easy program that can do it with minimum effort and not put too much strain on my system. But I'm getting off track for now I just want to get it to run in dual channel at the said frequency the board and cards can run at. Thanks all.

Edited by Starlyte, 27 December 2011 - 05:43 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users