Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Redirects/Blue Screens/Etc =(

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 David 7

David 7

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 26 December 2011 - 09:47 PM

I've never posted in a forum for help before because usually just coming and reading other posts/topics on one has helped me enough to get whatever I need to removed but this time it has proved more resilient. Thank you in advance for your time/help.

I have two problems, though I think they aren't entirely related.

First:

I seem to have some sort of redirect virus/spyware. Half of the time when I click a link, the address in the URL bar changes, but the screen stays solid white. Refreshing does nothing. Typing the URL directly/hitting enter does nothing. The other half of the time instead of getting the white screen, I get a solid white page with the text: "This page has moved here."
Clicking the link "here" successfully takes me to the page I was originally going to "most" of the time. Sometimes it just takes me to the solid white page (this is always the case with GMail.. I can only use gmail on my phone)
I also randomly have a new window pop up with an ad page.

I use RKill and then run Malwarebytes and it finds nothing. At the suggestion of a friend I downloaded and ran Microsoft Security Essentials, and it found 2 items and "removed" them, after which it asked me to restart my computer. Once I restarted I got a blue screen in startup (between the windows logo screen and the screen where you type your password to get to the desktop - it was only on the screen for a moment, appeared to be 2 lines of code and the only number/word I can recognize is "STOP") and my computer restarted automatically. I tried hitting F8 to start it in safe mode, trying to get passed the BSOD but it just blue screened again.

Every time the computer started it gave me the option to Start Computer Normally (which would just get me the BSOD and a restart) or Startup Repair. Startup repair would run for about 5 minutes, then ask me if I wanted to System Restore... after hitting yes it would seemingly get stuck doing the restore (I left it loading for about 30 hours one time, but I only have a 200gb HD so it shouldn't take that long) ....

Finally I followed a guide that showed me how to go into Advanced Startup Options, open the cmd prompt and replace the current reg files with the originals via a reg edit. After doing that I was able to get passed the blue screen and load windows.

I still have all of the issues after all of that, and none of my anti-virus/sw programs will detect anything. (MWB).. I ran "SUPERAntiSpyware" at the suggestion of a friend, and it finds things and "Removes" them, but after a restart it finds them all over again and I still have the redirect problem.

The other issue was that every 2-3 weeks I will get a BSOD every 4-5 minutes that says something along the lines of "USB_BUGCODE_ERROR", not sure if that is related.

I am using a Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q860 with Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit. I use Mozilla Firefox.

Please help =(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 David 7

David 7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2011 - 09:49 PM

Forgive the double post. The redirect thing messed me up. When I hit post, it gave me the solid white screen, so I hit refresh and apparently it posted again. Sorry.

#3 David 7

David 7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:59 PM

Please delete this thread if it is in the wrong place.... I shouldn't have posted here as I hadn't followed the instructions. Sorry.

New thread:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic434678.html

Edited by David 7, 26 December 2011 - 10:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users