Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Greetings From a Veteran Noob!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Coach Steve

Coach Steve

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 26 December 2011 - 09:39 PM

Greetings and Salutations to everyone who makes Bleeping Computer the great source for info/answers related to the "can't-live-without" device we all love/hate so much.

I've been an avid fan and user of this site for years and although I've never registered until today, it doesn't mean I haven't spent many, many hours perusing the pages here and gleaning knowledge form them. Perhaps the biggest reason I hadn't registered is because until today, I never needed to post my issue because someone else had already had the problem and resolved it via the suggestions submitted by the knowledgeable folks who contribute to the site.

I'm a techie/builder/webgeek who got involved with PC's and the glorious and fascinating challenges they offer back in the mid 90's. By 2000, I was taking certification tests and working in the computer upgrade/repair business. In 2005 I opened a computer sales/repair/upgrade/home networking business here in the Phoenix area. It was bittersweet when I had to close my business early last year and although I do miss working for myself, I don't at all miss the stress and the headache associated with trying to keep a small business alive in the current economy. Now, I work for a business just like the one I owned and at this point in life I'm just happy to have a fulltime job doing what I like to do.

Just a few quick things about me...
My user name: I coached girls' tournament and recreational fastpitch softball for 10 years. I retired from it about 3 years ago and I'm still called "Coach" by everyone I come in contact with. Heck, my wife even calls me that! :P
Been married for 26 years to the same woman (we've decided to go ahead and make a go of it after this long... :hysterical: )
2 daughters aged 21 and 18 (WHEW!! I made it!) The oldest is a student at ASU majoring in Sustainable Environmental Engineering and the other one graduates from high school in June with highest honors, perfect attendance, and a 3.96 GPA! I could have had it a lot worse, let me tell ya! I thank the good lord every day that for the blessings I received when it came to having and raising kids who respect authority, love school, and never got in trouble.

So that's me in a nutshell. Thanks for reading and I'll see you in the forums!

Coach

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users