Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Noadware.net With Tagalongs?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Shiner

Shiner

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 06 February 2006 - 08:37 PM

Recently my spysweeper detected coolwebsearch and some other CWS variants.I deleted and they raappeared after start-up.So I bit onthe NoAdware.net ad and they "found" WebPi if memory serves.Anyway bought the software to remove.It pointed to password protected files(or I found at least)My question is,Can WebPi be remotely installed from a remote computer or does someone need physical access to pc?I'm afraid to re-install NoAdware to see if they indeed did have tagalong trojans or whatever.I'm not computer literate to know if this is possible.I did research a bit and found that this software is questionable at best.Please help.Thanks :thumbsup: :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 t3s

t3s

• Members
  • 628 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2006 - 08:41 PM

Hello and Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :thumbsup: You can Start Here. Please be sure to follow all instructions otherwise it will only impair our ability to help you.

“Technology does not drive change -- it enables change.”
-Unknown

"I'm a cannibal... I eat Crackers"

Hacker != Cracker

website is down until further notice. . . . 

#3 Shiner

Shiner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2006 - 09:20 PM

Recently my spysweeper detected coolwebsearch and some other CWS variants.I deleted and they raappeared after start-up.So I bit onthe NoAdware.net ad and they "found" WebPi if memory serves.Anyway bought the software to remove.It pointed to password protected files(or I found at least)My question is,Can WebPi be remotely installed from a remote computer or does someone need physical access to pc?I'm afraid to re-install NoAdware to see if they indeed did have tagalong trojans or whatever.I'm not computer literate to know if this is possible.I did research a bit and found that this software is questionable at best.Please help.Thanks :thumbsup: :flowers:

I would add that hard drive was completely wiped out after finding this.I do not have the spyware now.Am mostly wandering if any one is aware of this particular false positive in the past?Also can this WebPi program be installed remotely.I understand it is a commercially available program,but in the advertising it states that it must be manually installed.Does this mean having physical access to computer or electronic access by way of a trojan or backdoor access?Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users