Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Crashes When Trying To Stream Media!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 eastcoaststylee

eastcoaststylee

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 06 February 2006 - 08:16 PM

Can someone please help me,

My computer crashes every time I attempt to stream media or watch a webcast or something like that it just immediately turns the whole screen black and then restarts instantly. I've googled this over and over and haven't found much can someone please help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,214 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2006 - 10:38 PM

Hello, Please post back with some system specs, CPU,RAM, Vid /sound card type of online connection. Perhaps even what you are specically trying to see. It'll help someone to help you more effeiciently.
Thank you
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 eastcoaststylee

eastcoaststylee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2006 - 01:17 PM

Alright here ya go,

Specs:
Windows XP Home SP2
Compaq Presario 6016US
X86-Based PC
x86 Family 6 Model Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ~1529
Compaq 686Y4 v3.06, 11/21/2002
SMBIOS version 2.3
Total Physical Memory 512.5MB

Video: GeForce FX5600 256MB
DirectX version 9.0c

Audio: Creative SB Live! 5.1 card

Media Player: Windows Media Player 10

Stream:http://www.rapnewsdirect.com/0-202-260930-00.html?tag=relnav

#4 eastcoaststylee

eastcoaststylee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2006 - 07:23 PM

Anyone? Help?... :thumbsup:

#5 Chris LaFave

Chris LaFave

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 20 April 2006 - 06:55 PM

Included in a popular video "codec pack" are bad "audio-switcher" codecs that are not compatible with WMP and maybe others. The solution, which simply involves installing the real codecs and then uninstalling them, thereby taking the bad ones with them, is at http://www.morgan-multimedia.com/codecpacks.htm .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users