Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Window won't maximize, button missins

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 M Rushing

M Rushing

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:21 PM

I'm using Windows XP. I have software called
Device Doctor.

It scans for out-dated drivers.

My problem is the "maaximize" button doesn't work, and
I can't pull the sides of any window so I can see
bottom of window.

I know there's a software somewhere that fixed this but
forgot the name of it.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you, Mary

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 26 December 2011 - 01:10 PM

Hello M Rushing,

What screen resolution are you using?
  • Right mouse click on an empty portion of your desktop and click "Properties."
  • Click the "Settings" tab. Under "screen resolution" remember this original setting. Now move the slider toward "more."
  • Click "Apply" and "OK." Windows will change the resolution and ask if you wish to keep the new setting. Say "yes" and try your Driver Program again.
  • If you don't like the new setting, repeat above steps and return the settings to where they were originally.

FWIW: Downloading drivers using this kind of driver program (and there are many like this one) can result in unwanted consequences such as devices not working properly, even BSODs. Many feel that the best place to obtain stable drivers is from the computer manufacturer's website if it's an OEM computer or the device manufacturer's site if it's a stand along card.

Regards,
Brooks

#3 M Rushing

M Rushing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:18 AM

Thank you, and I will go to the manufacturer's website.

I know there's a software that will help me re-size the window.
Take care, Mary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users