Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

16 Bit Windows?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AlexADAC

AlexADAC

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 06 February 2006 - 07:05 PM

ok my step dad dld a game for me and burnd it off for me...it works on his comp but won't work on mine...its an older game so i figured id be able to play it but i keep getting and error message that reads......"C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications." can you plz help me get past this because i really like this game and id love to be able to play it on my own comp
PLZ and thank you

Edited by AlexADAC, 06 February 2006 - 07:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Cyclica

Cyclica

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 06 February 2006 - 07:36 PM

Hello, and welcome, AlexADAC. What game and what operating system do you have? Yo could try to run the game in compatibility mode (right clic on the executable - Properties - Compatibility).

#3 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 27 February 2006 - 05:40 PM

Yes the compatibility menu might do the trick here. To access it, right click on the file > click properties > compatibility

Select the following options:

Run this program in compaitbility mode for: Windows 95

Click Apply then Ok.

That should do the trick. :thumbsup:

#4 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 27 February 2006 - 07:13 PM

This is a classic problem that happens on alot of win xp machines juste send me your msn in a pm and I will send you a fix for it.

BTW I am just going to suppose that the game your downloaded is legal...

Edited by Klinkaroo, 27 February 2006 - 07:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users