Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

First Post....thnx For Your Understanding

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 xx_jack

xx_jack

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 06 February 2006 - 06:48 PM

i know this is happening to others.....but i cant find anyplace to advise me---

forgive me for my mix of terms........

looks like i have a worm or bug embedded in my start menu----showS up after boot--on the screen and on the desktop......whole screen warning spyware etc and a link to click for spyware products
url is "tesla plus"------ring a bell-????------

also have found evidence in pc cillian.....of a "troj ani.h"--
file string--is:
c:/documents and settings/localsettings/temporaryinternetfiles/ie.5/60kg8t7t/psg[1]/.anr

thats all i know......hope i didnt confuse anyone......i would love to know an EASY WAY TO GET RID OF IT...THANKS FOR YOU HELP---

Mod edit: Email address removed as per board policy and to protect you from spambots.

Edited by Papakid, 06 February 2006 - 08:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 07 February 2006 - 10:16 AM

Hello,

Click here to download HJTsetup.exe
  • Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
  • Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
  • Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
  • Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
  • Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
  • At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
  • Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
  • Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
  • Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
  • DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#3 xx_jack

xx_jack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2006 - 08:49 PM

well my friend.....i printed your instructions off with the intention of sitting down in the morning and doing the deed as you have directed......somehow in my efforts( i have downloaded and ran some of the various adware, spyware removers.......)------some how the tesla plus is gone(maybe)--i do know that upon boot up-- no screen crap with links to the tesla plus url..........soooooooooo, i dont know how it happened --or care really, but it "appears" to be gone......(maybe just temporarily)--we will see........i do thank you for your help and willingness to see me through this difficulty.........i am still perplexed why there were not more postings regarding this matter......of course all of them would have been a lot more specific..so that you could provide better and more concise repair directions........thank you .........i intend to monitor this site ...so i can get myself up to speed......i and my skills are terribly outdated..........have a nice...one........jack :thumbsup:

#4 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2006 - 01:21 AM

Ok, good that it is gone.
In case it returns, reply in this thread again. I'll leave this thread open for another week.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#5 xx_jack

xx_jack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2006 - 03:51 PM

one more thing, after mulling it over some.............here is what i think may have happened to "apparently" clear this matter-----when booting up, this monster would appear...this adv...with the link...(the link to the tesla plus) with various spyware products--this took up most of the desktop-------

some afterthoughts......i was getting an active desktop option from windows ...either because of something i had done...or more likely that tesla plus had been embedded in my browser home page address..........whatever........i dorked around with that active desktop option several times and i don't know for sure what i did but somehow (i think) that got that tesla plus option bumped out of my desk top/start menu upon boot up/ and my browser home page url------not at all sure ...but that is my guess.........i would also guess that tesla plus(url) may still be on my gear---or one of the several anti adware/malware/spyware removers i have ran in the last few days has removed it.........regardless it "appears" to be gone --or better put---does not appear to be on my gear----------again thanks for you help.....and why don't i see any other posts referencing this turkey-------------and finally, again, thank you---jack---

#6 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2006 - 04:05 PM

Hello,

There are a lot of posts about this though, that's why I am sure a lot of leftovers are still present.
That's why it is important you still post that hijackthislog, because it will come back otherwise.

#7 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2006 - 06:50 AM

Since there is no feedback anymore, I assume this issue is resolved ... so, this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team
a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users