Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need a single function colour printer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 HokkaHokka

HokkaHokka

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:34 AM

Hello,

I need a single purpose colour printer for Windows 7.
I already have a scanner (Canon Lide 200) and a Mono Laser Printer (Brother HL-2035) which I am happy with.
My main requirements are decent print quality (it would be nice to print photos occasionally if possible) and frugal with the inks.
It would also be good if the replacement cartridges (either branded or non) were reasonably priced.
I will be using USB for connection.
I would like to spend up to 50 if possible though I can spend more if it makes sense.
Any advice or recommendations would be very helpful.
Thanks in advance!
HH

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,300 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:56 AM

I guess that I don't understand...

If you already have a mono laser...that takes care of all document printing. IMO, the only reason to consider another printer would be the desire for printing color graphics.

<<My main requirements are decent print quality (it would be nice to print photos occasionally if possible) and frugal with the inks.>>

You are out of luck with the inks if you get anything other than a laser, IMO. Some, if not all, manufacturers of inkjet printers...make them so affordable because the real profits are in the selling of ink/supplies.

I would consider a laser color printer...but only if I was determined to print color graphics routinely.

Louis

#3 heavydude

heavydude

• Members
  • 234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 31 December 2011 - 03:37 PM

You can probably get a decent photo inkjet printer for that kind of money.

But if you print photos regularly you'll spend a fortune on ink.

If you don't print photos regularly, the ink is likely to dry out and you'll be replacing ink every time you go back to it.

Best bet is a color laser printer. More money for acquisition, but you'll get years of performance before you have to think about replacing toner cartridges.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users