Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not Being Redirected To A New Url?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 santosee

santosee

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 PM

Posted 06 February 2006 - 05:15 PM

for some reason the computer starts up fine and then when i click on the internet explorer it won't let me go online...it was working for a while but it wouldn't let me login to any of my sites...it just gives me a canot redirect to new url error page...help i'm still new to all of this computer stuff!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 franktiii

franktiii

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 AM

Posted 06 February 2006 - 06:44 PM

Can you get to any Internet sites? How about e-mail? Can you send and receive?

If you can get e-mail but not get to websites, then the problem would probably lie in the Internet connection settings in Windows Explorer, or whatever web browser you might be using.

In IE go to to tools/internet options and click on connections tab. If you have broadband, then click on the lan button. Check settings against the instructions provided by your Internet Service Provider.

If you cannot get to any Internet site or use your e-mail, then there are several areas where the problem might be:

Your settings for connecting to Internet may have changed. See directions above.

Modem may have died. If you have a cable or DSL modem try unplugging modem, power and connection to Internet for a couple of minutes and replugging.

Connection to Internet may be not be working. Make sure all cables are securely connected. Have you contacted your ISP?

If you need more help, give us a little more information particularly how you are connecting to Internet, dial up, DSL or cable, and someone will try to better advise you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users