Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

driver update

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bryan123456789

bryan123456789

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 24 December 2011 - 08:43 PM

I want to update my drivers. I have a program that tells me what drivers need to be updated ( i think the program was drivermax or something online. Anyways i am a little scared that if i do update a driver like lets say a graphic driver or those net work driver << and if i do a network driver update -- i dont my internet gone.. what is you guys experience in this .. anyone update their drivers by the way i have win 7 home premium

Edited by bryan123456789, 24 December 2011 - 08:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 24 December 2011 - 08:54 PM

Please perform the following, so that we can get the exact specs of your computer. This will better assist us in helping you more.

Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

The below is for those who cannot get online

Please take caution when attaching a text file to your post if you cannot copy/paste the link to your post, you will need to edit it to make sure that your Windows Key is not present.

#3 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 25 December 2011 - 08:59 AM

what is you guys experience in this

mine is ,if it isn't broke don't fix it ,especially, just because some crap drivernmax program says so

Edited by caperjac, 25 December 2011 - 09:00 AM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 25 December 2011 - 10:12 AM

I agree with caperjac. If everything is working there is no need to update the drivers.

I did that once, way back when I was less knowlegable about computer stuff, and ended up knocking out my sound drivers.

#5 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 25 December 2011 - 10:38 AM

I always perform driver updates to make sure that a Windows Update doesn't prevent my machine from booting up. Had that happened when i went from Windows XP Pro to SP1. My BIOS needed to be flashed2 along with all my drivers to make sure that Windows XP SP1 took. Without that the machine would constantly bsod in both Safe and Regular mode. So from that point on, I have always made sure that I have had the latest drivers and application updates.

So if it aint broke dont fix it does not hold true. It can break due to no user action taking place prior to any updates. All it takes is one driver being outdated to cause Windows to BSOD. Only time that can be repaired is by a reinstall.

So please post your speccy so we can guide you to the right sites to get you the right drivers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users