Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Device installer error

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rollie69

rollie69

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 24 December 2011 - 02:25 AM

Hi,

I have a windows xp with SP3. I did a Google search "Windows could not load the installer for WPD. Contact your hardware vendor for assistance" and found plenty of people with this problem and a variety of solutions.

I'm just not sure of whats safe. I posted here on the 29th DEC 2010 and my post was moved to cell phones with no response. I gave up.

It basically wont allow any portable device to connect making updates annoying and data transfer a pain.

Any help resolving this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2011 - 05:02 AM

Contact your hardware vendor for assistance

Hi -
Did you ever try the advice that you have listed above ??
If you did, what was the answer (if any) ??

Thank You -

#3 rollie69

rollie69
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2011 - 05:19 AM

I asked about the hardware vendor, and was told they could reinstall windows for me, but it'll take a while.

I get the same thing connecting Nokia, IPhone, Samsung, PSP.

I wouldn't have thought it to be a problem with all these.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,902 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:30 AM

Reference, original post a year ago:

Ok,so I upgraded my mobile phone to a new nokia N8. It doesn't come with a software disc. In order to put music on it or more importantly get my photo's of the phone a downloaded program called Nokia ovi suite.

It downloaded fine, I followed the install steps and twice i get a popup window saying "Windows could not load the installer for WPD.Contact your Hardware Vendor for assistance" but at the end of the installation it say's it installed successfully.

So I connect my N8 to the computer another popup titled "Device installer error" msg,"Windows could not load the installer for Image. Contact your Hardware Vendor for assistance"

Please help i just want to be able to share the Christmas photos with the rest of the family.

Thanks in advance

Geoff

Apologies for the lack of response to your initial post...but it seems to me that only indicates that no one here has a clue what this error message might signify...or how to resolve it.

I have no clue as to what WPD...might refer to. No one seems to provide that data in their discussions of this error.

Louis

You might try looking at the errors reflected in Event Viewer for some idea of what might be going wrong.

How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic40108.html

Edited by hamluis, 24 December 2011 - 07:36 AM.

#5 rollie69

rollie69
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2011 - 08:41 AM

This seems to be a common problem but no solutions.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,902 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 24 December 2011 - 09:09 AM

Well...the posted "solutions" I saw all involved suggestions to reinstall the O/S, uninstall/reinstall software, etc.

I saw nothing that specifically identified the problem...and proposed a successful solution to it. I didn't read everything, but the usually reliable sources (MS Answers, Apple, etc.) were as clueless as I am.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users