Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GPU overclocking help

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 JMSaviour

JMSaviour

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 AM

Posted 24 December 2011 - 01:33 AM

My current system build:

Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower
Biostar AM3 AMD 870 ATX Motherboard
AMD Phenom II X 4 955 BE 3.2 Processor (oc'd to 4.0)
G. Skill Sniper 8GB (2x 4) DDR 1600 SDRAM
OCZ Agility 3 60GB Sata III SSD (with a backup HDD)
Corsair Builder Series CX430 V2 430W 80 plus certified PSU
HIS Radeon HD 6670 1GB 128-bit DDR PCI-E x16 video card (Oc'd from 800/800 to 835/910)

So recently I decided to see how high I could get this sub0-par video card to overclock. I got it around 860/920 before it started giving me any problems, got it to pass stress tests around 850/915. Played with it around those settings for awhile and sometimes the video card 'driver' would stop working while playing a game. I kept lowering it slowly until I got back down to my current speeds, 835/910, where it remains stable and never crashes- but never seems to go over 35 degrees C under full load... I didn't experience any artifacing while testing with overclocking, the only problem was when the video card would stop working (which it only took me closing the game to get it to work again). This was all on stock voltage.

So if I were to start upping the voltage bit by bit, are odds in my favor to getting to and past 860/920 without any problems? I've researched a bit and it seems as though each gpu has a "maximum voltage", but I can't seem to find it for this card. The temperature staying so low makes me feel as though I'm not pushing it hard enough... Or should I just be happy with 835/910 and leave it be?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users