Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Www.eve-online.com

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Osiris

Osiris

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 06 February 2006 - 02:53 PM

I downloaded this game awhile ago and never fixed the problem i clicked play on Eve-Online and the first screen loaded but then it disapears and the game doesnt come up so i finaly contacted the staff then they stoped answering they said i needed to upgrade my Graphic Card Driver wich they said i could download something off a site for it i have a Toshiba lab top about 3 years old if anyone could help it would be great.

Thanks.

The site is www.Eve-Online.com
I can only learn what i want to learn.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2006 - 11:19 AM

You will need to determine the brand and number of the card you have installed in your computer, then visit the manufacturer's website and find the updated driver for your specific card.

Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 07 February 2006 - 11:20 AM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Osiris

Osiris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2006 - 04:12 PM

IF you dont mind how can i do that ?

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2006 - 05:58 PM

What is the Model number of your laptop?

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#5 Osiris

Osiris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2006 - 08:09 PM

I have no idea i didnt buy it im only 15 .

#6 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2006 - 08:15 PM

The model number can usually be found on the bottom of the laptop on a label with other numbers.

Don't apologize for being 15, your still a smart person I bet. :thumbsup:

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#7 welco

welco

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 07 February 2006 - 10:36 PM

Open up the start menu right click on my computer, click properties, go to the hardware tab, and select device manager. Under the device manager and look for a category named display adapters open it up and it should say what type of video card you have. Once, you find this out you can go look for your drivers. Once you find them, go back to the display adapters this time you should click on it and go under the driver tab and click uninstall. Your computer will reboot and once it starts up again it will say something like "found new hardware" just click on the drivers you downloaded earlier and the program should guide you through the rest.
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice
1GB GeIL Value Memory Looking for something better...
EPoX EP-9NPAJ
Hitachi 7K80
Jaton 6600GT
400W HiPRO

#8 Osiris

Osiris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2006 - 02:22 PM

Hmm i dont have the file display adapters i have network adaptors and PCMCIA adaptors and then there is other devices that says Video controler and another file with the same name but (VGA compadible) on the side of it i dont know if saying i have Windows Xp home edition and if you dont know its also a labtop

Quote: Don't apologize for being 15, your still a smart person I bet.

I wouldnt say im that smart but im trying to get into computers as much as a can.

#9 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2006 - 04:42 PM

Well, if you want to get into computers you have come to right place. :thumbsup:

there is other devices that says Video controler and another file with the same name but (VGA compadible) on the side of it

Ok, thats good information. What that means is that you don't have the proper drivers installed for your Video Adapter. Can you download Belarc Advisor? This is a free little program that does an inventory on what is inside your laptop. Run that and it will tell you what we need to know to find your drivers.

When it is installed, look on the right hand side for "System Model" and "Display" and tell us what it says under those two categories.

Is there a label underneath with the Model number?

#10 Osiris

Osiris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2006 - 04:11 PM

Is there a label underneath with the Model number?

You mean under the laptop and i checked and all there is is a couple sticker that mention some stuff like Product key, model number, cerial number, and Lan Mac Address ill download that program you suggested and try it.

Edit: I found it.

TOSHIBA Satellite A10 PSA10C-00REH

enclosure Type: Notebook

Edited by Osiris, 09 February 2006 - 04:25 PM.

#11 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2006 - 09:28 AM

What operating system do you have? XP? If so you might get the driver you need from Windows Update. Let Windows Update finish and then look to the left hand side of the page for Drivers.

You can also go to this site and click Portables under Product, then Satellite under Family and in the Model box see if you can find the Model Number that matches the numbers on the label you found on the bottom. What you are looking for are the Display Drivers. Be careful and make sure you get the right one. If you do, then go back to Device Manager and the Other Devices will be gone and you will see a Display Adapter listed.

Let us know if that works for you.

#12 Osiris

Osiris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2006 - 05:04 PM

You mean this number TOSHIBA Satellite A10 PSA10C-00REH or a number under the comp ? i cant find the number from TOSHIBA Satellite A10 PSA10C-00REH and i havnt looked under the comp.

#13 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2006 - 08:19 AM

You mean under the laptop and i checked and all there is is a couple sticker that mention some stuff like Product key, model number,

That doesn't seem to be the right number in the post above, but you say the model number is on the sticker. Either look under the laptop or run Belarc and give the model number.

#14 Osiris

Osiris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2006 - 12:04 PM

in System model from the belarc scan there a system serial number that matches non on that site you gave me and in main curciut board there just a cerial number and it also matches none of them.

#15 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2006 - 04:47 PM

Is there any information from Belarc about the Display Adapter?

What is your operating system?

Try this driver. After you run it look in Device Manager again.

Edited by Leurgy, 12 February 2006 - 04:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users