Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

copy PST files from work to laptop with outlook express

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shyjan

shyjan

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 PM

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:31 PM

Is it possible to copy my pst files to outlook express on an xp machine. If not is there any free emails that I can import it to. I do not have outlook on the laptop.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 26 December 2011 - 05:26 PM

Hi, it can be done but Outlook Express cannot import a pure PST file. So you need to open PST in Outlook. Then import to OE.
If you do not have Outlook, use a friend's computer which has both Outlook and Outlook Express. Import PST into Outlook. Then import emails from Outlook to Outlook Express. Copy the entire folder where Outlook Express DBX files lie to your computer. Then import the DBX files.
So in conclusion you will need to export the pst file to a flash drive then import it to a friends PC running outlook and then convert the pst file to Outlook Express http://www.ehow.com/how_5166282_convert-outlook-pst-outlook-express.html
MCP
MSDST

#3 shyjan

shyjan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 PM

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:03 AM

Thanks I installed a trial version of outlook. then outlook express automatically imported the emails!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users