Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ram stick

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 georgeriley

georgeriley

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:29 AM

on my ram stick (which is 256mb) how do i know which stick i need to upgrade the existing ram please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,302 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:52 PM

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

#3 georgeriley

georgeriley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2011 - 03:26 PM

Hi louis
the only name i can see is e-star on the front
cheers
George

#4 Blaze413

Blaze413

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 PM

Posted 24 December 2011 - 12:16 AM

U can look up and use coarairs system memory check I think it is called...it scans your computer and tells u what u need...just don't buy from corsair cuz their website is super over priced just get the info from it and buy off newegg.com
Sorry can't remember exactly the name but if u google "corsair memory check" I'm sure it will find it goodluck!

#5 SenseiHarris

SenseiHarris

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2011 - 12:40 AM

www.crucial.com. I actually just used this on a customer of mine who needed an upgrade of RAM. It gives the model of RAM you need as well as how much RAM the system max's out at. Go to where it says "System Scanner" and click "Scan my computer." Check that box that says "By selecting this box & clicking the download button, I agree to the Terms & Conditions" and "Download the Scanner." Run it, and there it will give you everything you need to know. Hope this helps.

Edited by SenseiHarris, 24 December 2011 - 12:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users