Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mimimum recommended monitor and resolution size?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 yayhey

yayhey

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:32 AM

I've heard one should have at least 1680x1050 or else 3-D modelling and the like get too slow and annoying. And that one should have 15.6 monitor or bigger. For those with myopia, is it easier on the eyes with smaller resolution combined with bigger screen?

Side question: Those pictures on deviantart, can I make similar stuff with cheap/free program or do I need pro software?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Webdoc

Webdoc

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 AM

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:34 AM

As to your side question, my daughter does pretty well, posts pictures to Deviant art, using Inkscape and the Gimp. Or were you asking about 3-D modeling software?

I use Fireworks to work on web graphics and I think the vertical resolution of 1080 is a minimum. Otherwise there just isn't enough vertical space for the program's toolbars and a vertically oriented document canvas.

#3 mr roman

mr roman

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:55 AM

you can make anything with any program, its really all up to your creativity. there is no such thing as minimum resolution for 3D or any program for that matter.. you can scroll through most of the toolbars.. but yea a high resolution would be ideal so you can see more in your viewports.

when you model in 3d, you can render the output at whatever resolution you want it to be, just remember, higher resolution = more power needed.
I personally render in 640x480 for draft, and for production, well... whatever is required of me. Sometimes 1 frame rendering can take up to half an hour, now imagine rendering 3 seconds of animation (at about 30 frames per second).

I use 3ds Max and Maya for 3d, Photoshop for post-work. But you can achieve the same results using Blender3D and GIMP... you just have to know how to use them, and of course.. be creative <-- #1 requirement.
If your lacking creativity, what works for me is doing something I normally don't (take another way home, sleep on the other side of the bed, stuff like that)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users