Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 antivirus FixNCR not working

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 EEnotCE

EEnotCE

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:37 AM

I had to uninstall this virus on another one of my friends laptops recently so when a second friend needed help with it I figured with the tutorials it would be a piece of cake. However the FixNCR program in the first step isn't working with the laptop and I can't access firefox or explorer. Not sure what to do now so I'd appreciate any help I can get

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:37 AM

However the FixNCR program in the first step isn't working with the laptop and I can't access firefox or explorer.

Hi EEnotCE -
From the details you are leaving, it seems the infection is still active and not removed.
Can you get your friend to post in the Malware Removal area of the forum.
Or, if you have the laptop, can you do the post and try to get some of the requested logs, via Flash drive, and post them.
This area of the forum is generally not for advice on the removal of infections.

Thank You -

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,435 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:08 PM

The following guide pertains to posting in the Malware Removal Logs forum, do not post there without following: Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users