Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Script Interference

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kcsummer

kcsummer

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:32 AM

I have been having problems with a script running and my computer gets bogged down. It happens consistently throughout the day and is an ongoing problem.

Below is the script running source location.

Script: chrome://vidbar/content/downloader.js:109

Today I changed my internet access from a router/modem setup to a mobile device in got from cell carrier. For one day while I had no internet carrier on used an unsecured internet connection.

This script problem was not present prior to changing connections or using the unsecure connection. Can this problem be related? I searched for chrome on my computer and came up with nothing.

Firefox is the browser I'm using.

Anyone have a clue? thanks.....

Edited by kcsummer, 23 December 2011 - 12:33 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:20 PM

Mozilla has some information: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/questions/901423

And https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Troubleshooting%20extensions%20and%20themes

I don't use Firefox enough or with any add-ons to be much of a resource beyond those links. Hopefully someone with more knowledge of Firefox will be of assistance.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 kcsummer

kcsummer
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 434 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:30 PM

I have been having problems with a script running and my computer gets bogged down. It happens consistently throughout the day and is an ongoing problem.

Below is the script running source location.

Script: chrome://vidbar/content/downloader.js:109

Today I changed my internet access from a router/modem setup to a mobile device in got from cell carrier. For one day while I had no internet carrier on used an unsecured internet connection.

This script problem was not present prior to changing connections or using the unsecure connection. Can this problem be related? I searched for chrome on my computer and came up with nothing.

Firefox is the browser I'm using.

Anyone have a clue? thanks.....

I was just getting ready to make a post shortly about this problem. I visited a website wherein someone with this error said that they removed their you-tube video downloader program and that took care of their problem.

I had 3 different you-tube downloaders I had just installed but not tried out yet. I used to use them successfully. Anyway, rather than try one at a time I just deleted all 3 you-tube downloaders and it solved my problem. I suppose I should have tried to determine which one it was (I am assuming that not all cause this problem). Maybe it is some setting that is different now or some software which causes this problem whereas it did not in the past. Or it could be my version of Firefox. I have an older version, 3.6 I think, which I got because I didn't like some of the things that came with or didn't come with the latest release, like ability to block 3rd party cookies.

Anyway, removing the video downloader seems to have fixed the problem. I will check the site you reference to see if they have any further info. If it is indeed the downloaders I'd like to find a way to avoid a repeat.

Thanks a lot for referring me to the site you reference. If I find anything further from it or anywhere else I will make another post here. It seems I am not the only one who has experienced this recently.:whistle:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users