Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ukash computer lock virus got me :(

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dapperface

dapperface

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:50 PM

Hiya, my computer recently became infected with the police lock virus (no clue what it's actually called). I run Windows XP, and when I try to reboot into safe mode, after pressing F8 I get a screen with three options as to where to boot from. They read:

SATA:3M-ST3360320AS
SATA:3S-ST3360320AS
CDROM:4M-TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H65

Neither of them change anything; the bottom two boot as normal, and the top one prompts me to restart. I've no idea what these mean, but if it makes a difference, the motherboard on my computer was replaced a couple of years ago, and I am absolutely useless when it comes to issues I can't deal with without at least loading up the desktop. Can't seem to find a way around this virus and I'm not sure what to do. :X

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 25 December 2011 - 09:06 PM

Hello, To remove this we need a deeper look. Please go here....
Preparation Guide ,do steps 6 - 9.

Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9,which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.
If Gmer won't run,skip it and move on.
Include a link back to this topic.

Let me know if that went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users