Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Networking High speed printers to use wirelessly

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 depogirl

depogirl

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 PM

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:38 PM

HI all
I need to set up a temporary office in a hotel that only has wireless access - no hard wired connections. I need to set up
two high speed printers, 1 black and white copier and 1 color printer. I am working with a rental company to secure the printers/copiers and they have told me that the printing is very slow over wireless. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can set this up to optimize it best given the limitations in the hotel? i.e. should I ask for an access point so I can have my own network if I provide a Meraki AP? I do not know what make/model on the print equipment but have requested they have USB ports. Was planning on trying to obtain the ip addresses from the printers so I can program an Access Point if they will allow me to set one up but I can't even plug in a router - can someone please help? I need availability to print for about 8-10 people for about 3 weeks - any suggestions on what equipment I need here and how to network the machines? also any question that I should ask the hotel? TIA!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users