Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Whole host of software problems!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Gettysburg

Gettysburg

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 PM

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:33 PM

Hello, I'm Mike I am very knew to this site I was reading many posts other users had written related to what I'm about to describe. I have confidence from the technical answers given them that my problem can be solved to. The only other resort I have is to reload my computer. To begin, I believe my problem started with XP Home Security 2011 which obviously is a spoof spyware program trying to emulate true software. Anyway the program started shutting down executable files that I would try to run giving warning messages that it was in my best interest to stay away. Somehow, I believe the program is eradicated but completely I'm not sure. Then, in my task manager I noticed ping.exe was constantly running, particularly when I was connected to the net. I used registry editor to set denied permissions on the program and moved the file to another folder for a temporary fix. Prior to doing this, I tried to delete the file numerous times but to no avail because it would continue to replicate or rewrite itself. I tried the delete method because I don't personally ping and I know its a network diagnostic tool. So the ping prob is temporarily dormant. I have bigger problems pertaining to the fact that I can't successfully open the Security center in the Control Panel without getting a message asking me to restart the program. On advice from other forums I went under computer management/Services and Apps/Services to restart the program and lo and behold Security center is omitted from the list so there's no way to restart the application. To make matters worse I firmly believe my Microsoft update service is not working because I have not received a yellow icon informing me of updates in ages. I have the updater set to notify me of updates and allow me to choose when to install them. Also I went to the Microsoft update site today from my start menu and there was a web page fault which disallowed me from accessing updates on both times that I had tried. I would like to know are these problems solvable or should I wipe the disk and start from scratch. By the way, also my Internet browsers redirect me to sites with allergy advertisements, etc. and I've all but stopped using WMP because I receive error dialog boxes after use. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I realize my computer is problem ridden. Thanx!

Edited by hamluis, 22 December 2011 - 05:35 PM.
Moved from XP to Am i Infecteed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users