Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple Virii plus browser redirect

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 KevinKtz

KevinKtz

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:26 PM

Hi there,

Back around the 16th of Dec I got hit with some kind of virus and it's been expanding/adjusting ever since. Logs are attached.
I've been trying to learn going through other threads and tutorials, but I know just enough to be dangerous to myself.

Additional information that may/may not be useful:
Have MS Security Essentials, Spybot, and Malwarebytes installed and running. (Spybot is the only post virus addition.)
Cannot turn on firewall through the control panel (Error code 0.x80070424) but this might be because Spybot is running? When I try to fix that error code through Microsoft it doesn't correct anything.
Uninstalled PowerISO, Firefox, Java, and all Adobe on 12-22 AM prior to all logs (and restarted).
Something keeps trying to install Adobe Flash Player 11, I'm not doing it manually.
If I let ping.exe run, it gets to over 100 threads and up to 50% CPU regularly. (Don't know if this is bad or not!)
My Windows/System32/drivers/etc folder is empty. I'm pretty sure I did this somehow when I was looking for the host file. I never found it, with hidden files turned on, etc. Tried making a host file per Microsoft instructions but was never able to do so.

Thanks in advance and happy holidays!
Kevin

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KevinKtz

KevinKtz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 24 December 2011 - 02:15 PM

Please delete this thread. Computer took several turns for the worse, so I wiped out the HD and started from scratch. Now to read up on your protection tutorials to prevent this in the future. Thanks!

#3 RPMcMurphy

RPMcMurphy

Bleeping *^#@%~

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,970 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 AM

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:27 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

Threads are closed after 5 days of inactivity.

ASAP & UNITE Member

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may btn_donate_SM.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users