Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please offer topic title edit,

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ariana Anora

Ariana Anora

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:17 PM

Please offer title edit. Offer the edit to be side-by-side with the origional name, so that people looking for the topic who've found it before can find it again. But, allowing for an edit means that people can fix mistakes that might make it hard for people to find these posts during topic searches, rendering some of these topics much less helpful to the bleepingcomputer community.
My last topic is call "Creen Issues, 2 Computers". I'm going to guess that Creen isssuse wont come up for someon who types in Screen with lines, etc... even though that is an issue talked about in my post, all because I can't fix the word screen, or anything else if I needed to. And the same could easily be the case for people who would be able to help me but who will gloss over my post or won't find it because of the erroneous name.

This would also elliminate all those unhelpful "HELP!" titled posts so that posts dont have to be reposted under another name, cluttering the site.

It would be great if all versions of title for a post were visible, The best/newest being big and the others listed below it or in a collom next to it in small type, so that they are recognizable after change and so that all versions of the title can come up in searches (for people looking for a thread that they are keeping track of, this keeping the post/thread they know still available after a search through its old name even though it's name may have changed).

Thanx for all your time!

Edited by Ariana Anora, 22 December 2011 - 02:22 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,503 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:32 PM

Unfortunately what you ask for is not possible with the current software. If a member needs a topic edit, they can always contact a member of the moderation team for assistance.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?app=members&section=view&module=list&filter=9

I changed Creen to Screen in your topic title :)

#3 Ariana Anora

Ariana Anora
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:52 PM

Thank you very much :) .

#4 4dude

4dude

• Members
  • 578 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:16 AM

Well I think you can set how long the topic starter can edit the title cant you?

If you set that value to 0 it lets them indefinetly i believe..... (On some SW)

#5 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,702 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:29 PM

Not on this software 4dude. Perhaps on another.

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users